Been meaning to do this for at least 6 months and finally bit the bullet and MOVED! Naturally, the website has been down for days as I worked through several wrinkles. On the IBM i OS side, I failed to pull my keys ahead of time. Actually I DID download and install the keys. I also downloaded the updated OS and licensed programs and the latest CUME BUT the one thing I failed to do was to choose to “upgrade” on the IBM ESS site so although I had everything, the only keys it originally pulled was for base OS. After I choose to “upgrade” on the ESS site, I suddenly had a boatload of keys which installed just fine.
When you upgrade once every few years there are always things you forget about, so it took a few IPL’s to get the everything running again. So now I have a 7.2 and a 7.1 partition on my JS12 blade. All is right with the world.
Well, ALMOST! The web sites I had were mostly on their feet with a couple of exceptions. My PHP sites were falling over and examining the logs revealed an interesting error:
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/local/ZendSvr/bin/php-cgi.bin because of the following errors:
rtld: 0712-001 Symbol EVP_md2 was referenced
from module php-cgi.bin(), but a runtime definition
of the symbol was not found.
Hmmm…not sure what was up with that. I knew my Zendsvr install was relatively ancient (5.xx) so I decided to contact Mike Pavlak at Zend and see what I should do. UPGRADE! Of course that is what he said (duh!) so I downloaded the latest Zend Server version and installed it. The beautiful new server access pages worked great! But, my WordPress sites, and any other PHP based pages were still falling over. So, back to Mike! With a little bit of looking over the shoulder, Mike noticed that perhaps I was still back in the dark ages, referencing the wrong server (might it be the old Zend Core?) and he pointed me to a very helpful page that triggered enough neurons to get me thinking along the right lines….the problem might have been in the directives so he pointed me here. Turns out it was the fast cgi directives….kind of. Here is the deal. I DID have the two things recommended by the page set up correctly:
LoadModule zend_enabler_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZFAST.SRVPGM
AddHandler fastcgi-script .php
So, I was a bit stumped….until I read on and saw the recommendation for the contents of the fastcgi.conf file. My clue was at the very beginning of the file:
Scroll back up and take a look at the path mentioned in the error I encountered:
Cannot load program /usr/local/ZendSvr/bin/php-cgi.bin
AHA! The fastcgi.conf is where the Apache directive finds how to execute the php page! So, all I had to do was change any reference from /ZendSvr/ to /zendsvr6 in any of the fastcgi.conf files that I have. Voila! All is well! All happily running under Zend Server 8.0 now. Thanks Mike!
Next I had to update WordPress. The automatic update has never really worked correctly so I did a manual update and made the mistake of using the readme.html in the WordPress bundle file to guide me. Don’t use that for upgrading! Use the instructions found here. Once I took the proper approach, WordPress was up and running in no time.
So, now it is time to play, play, play with all that IBM i has new in 7.2!